Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Today is the day to remember fathers. I think of mine often. Little things bring him to mind. Also we have been going through photo albums and slides scanning them onto our computers to make CDs and DVDs so that we can enjoy them and share them with others.

My dad was very special to me. He worked long hours while I was growing up but I still have memories of times spent together, and then in his later years, after retirement, of times shared together.

I have especially enjoyed stories told by friends of things he had done for them, or prayers answered after he had prayed. He loved people; we couldn't go to a restaurant without him stopping to talk to several people—many of whom he knew, some he didn't ... but he would remember next time we were there.

He's been gone 14 months and I miss him. I know he's no longer in pain, he's walking without stiffness. He's singing on key! I'm lonely. But I have wonderful memories of a man who loved me and did everything he knew how to do to make me happy and love me the best he knew how. Thank you Daddy. I love you.

No comments: